Friday, October 08, 2004

I'm not dead II, or the double edge of spam filters



Its really impossible to use email these days without a spam filter. The problem is, the mail I send to my friends is sometimes filtered out. No, I'm not trying to sell \/1agra. Just that when I'm not in the office, I have to use an alternative mail server, and so my address is unknown to the filter.

The catch is, if I can't get through, I can't tell my friends to change their filter settings to let me in. I mean, and subject line I can think of to try and fool the filters, the damn spammers have already thought of before me. duh!

So, in case you're expecting an email and wondering why you haven't heard form me, please scan your spam folder for ymor at ukfsn.com or yishay dot mor at virgin dot net or yishaym at yahoo dot com.

And if you're a spammer, don't bother to harvest these - I have a filter configured to reject any mail from an unknown address.

No comments: